Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Godfather II

I just finished watching the classic The Godfather II and yes I was impressed. Although anyone can predict what will happen, there's suspense in how it will happen and that kept me engaged. Again the cast is compelling.

It's a long movie and I didn't watch it in one sitting. Because it shifts back and forth from the yearly years of Vito's life to the middle of Michael's, it's like watching two movies deftly sewn together.

I've decided to start watching Godfather III tomorrow, so that's a sign of a good drama.

I did wonder why Kay admitted to having an abortion. She didn't have to and it just led Michael to get angry. He's not a guy you want angry with you. She seemed smarter than that. By nature she isn't wily, but she wasn't under oath to "tell the whole truth."

Also, I wondered why the senate had a hearing on Michael rather than his being on trial in federal court. We never covered that in Civ Pro.

No comments: